During this online Zoom workshop you’ll discover an array of techniques to add additional layers of interest to your textiles. After the workshop, you’ll be able to confidently employ natural dyes to create unique designs by printing or painting on textiles. Experience the joy of making gorgeous gifts, clothes, artworks or products that are both sustainable and visually striking!
The surface design techniques we’ll cover will help you maximise your natural dye resources and extend the life of your materials. You will also be able to repurpose previously dyed samples, garments or textiles to give them a totally different look!
You’ll be able to adapt these techniques to use them for painting, screen printing, block printing or stencils.
- The workshop will be delivered via Zoom on Wednesday 25 October from 6:00pm – 8:30pm GMT (Here’s a handy time converter tool in case you don’t know what time that is wherever you are)
- The techniques we’ll learn include:
- printing/painting with mordants & modifiers
- printing/painting with natural dyes
- printing/painting with lake pigments
- Some of these techniques are more suitable for protein fibres and some are more suitable for cellulose fibres
- A basic understanding of natural dyeing is preferable, as I won’t be covering the basics of scouring, dyeing and mordanting in this workshop. If you’re an absolute beginner, you can prepare by downloading and going over my FREE guide to start dyeing your clothes with plants in 5 easy steps beforehand. This will help you make the most out of our time together.
- You will receive a recording of the workshop, available to consult forever
- You will also receive a list of materials a week before the workshop, so you can start gathering them in preparation
- After the workshop, you’ll receive a PDF handout with downloadable notes, which will be yours to keep forever